Brooklyn Botanic Garden (BBG) invites you to make a special morning visit to the new Discovery Garden with your family before BBG opens to the public. Explore the garden at your own pace and participate in multisensory activities at facilitated stations.
- Participate in dramatic play
- Use real tools to explore science mysteries
- Read stories
We invite your feedback as we strive to make the garden engaging for families who have children with disabilities.
- Two ASL translators will be stationed in the Garden.
- Accessible bathrooms and wheelchairs are available at the Flatbush Avenue entrance. Inside the nearby Discovery Garden, pathways and exhibits are accessible to visitors using wheelchairs.
- Visitors are encouraged to touch and smell plants, and hands-on exhibits feature sound, visual, and tactile elements designed for accessibility.
- A visual schedule and details about transportation, entry, and what to expect will be sent out in advance to families that have RSVP’d.
- Snacking is permitted, and a quiet seating area will be available before and during the event.
- Families are encouraged to bring a friend with or without disabilities; include them in your RSVP.
Please RSVP; space is limited to ensure the comfort of all participants. Please note: This program is outdoors and will be canceled in inclement weather; participants will be notified by email.
Please RSVP at bbg.org/earlyopening
Enter at 455 Flatbush Avenue. All other gates will be closed at this time.