Nominations are open for new members of the Museum Access Consortium’s Steering Committee:
- Attend majority of MAC Steering Committee monthly meetings and strategic planning meetings, occurring in New York City.
- Attend workshops hosted by MAC.
- Participate in the development and implementation of at least two MAC workshops per year.
- Be willing to contribute to the development of content for distribution via the website, MAC newsletter, and social media outlets, as well as presentations at conferences on behalf of MAC.
- Be willing to serve a two-year term (2017-2019)
- Have professional and/or personal experience with disability and accessibility at cultural institutions. MAC values the experiences of people who have disabilities; Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Are interested in educating and advocating for universal access at cultural institutions, including all people with disabilities.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Have knowledge of and connected to disability communities broadly.
- Are able to plan and host workshops.
- Are team players and able to work in a cooperative fashion, but who are also self-starters.
- Have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- The Museum Access Consortium seeks new members for its Steering Committee. You are welcome to either nominate yourself, a colleague, or friend for a Steering Committee position between now and February 6th, 2017. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
What is the role of the Steering Committee for the Museum Access Consortium?
- The MAC Steering Committee is composed of volunteer representatives from cultural institutions and/or from the disability community, who are responsible for: 1) guiding the vision and strategic planning of the association; 2) developing and implementing educational workshops; 3) fostering connections between the disability and museum communities; 4) building MAC membership and participation; and 5) advocating for the advancement of universal access at cultural facilities, including performing arts venues, botanical gardens, zoos, libraries, museums, historic houses, parks, and more.
- Candidates must:
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- To make a nomination, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the person you would like to nominate, his/her contact information, and a brief statement on why you feel this person would make a significant contribution as a MAC Steering Committee member.
- All nominees will receive notification from the MAC Steering Committee by February 7th. and will be invited to participate in an application process for open positions. The application process includes a short written application, due by February 15th. Selections will be announced in the spring of 2017.
- For more information or if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.